Home » Permanent Skilled Migration

Why use this service?

This service is available for individuals who wish to pursue their Permanent Residency (PR) via the General Skilled Migration (GSM) route. GSM allows skilled workers of select occupations to apply for Australian permanent residence on the basis of their skills alone, without the need to be sponsored by an employer.

How we can help

Entity Solutions provides individuals comprehensive assessments and guidance throughout the entire process of lodging your application for permanent residency (PR). You can rely on our wealth of experience in navigating the requirements of the Department of Home Affairs (DOHA) towards a successful PR outcome.


  • Available to highly skilled workers who are willing to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis
  • Your occupation must be listed on the Skilled Occupation List
  • Also available and accessible to those individuals who can get sponsorship from an Australian employer.
  • Applicants must first lodge an Expression of Interest (EOI) and be invited to apply by the relevant government department


  • This visa grants the freedom to live, work and study in Australia permanently and also allows eligible family members as part of the application
  • Australian PR without the need for employer sponsorship or the employer-based criteria that is fundamental for the ENS PR visa pathways
  • The flexibility to apply in Australia or from overseas
  • No visa time constraints to lodge an application


An applicant must:

  • have an occupation on the relevant skilled occupation list
  • have a positive skills assessment for the occupation
  • be invited to apply for this visa by the relevant government authority
  • have the points’ score applicable to the nominated occupation

Current Visas under this category:

  • Skilled Independent visa – Subclass 189
  • Skilled Regional sponsored visa – Subclass 491 (This visa subclass has two different streams – State Regional Sponsored and Family Sponsored)
  • Skilled Nominated visa – Subclass 190
  • It is mandatory to submit an Expression of Interest through Skillselect;
  • If invited, you must:
    • Submit a state nomination application with chosen state (if applying for 491 and 190). Then, you must wait until the nomination application is approved in order to submit a visa application to the Department of Home Affairs within 60 days; OR
    • Submit a visa application to the Department of Home Affairs within 60 days.

Yes. An applicant must be under the age of 45 when an invitation is issued. If the applicant turns 45 after an EOI is submitted but before an invitation is issued, the applicant will not be invited to apply.

Yes, you can be located either within Australia or outside of Australia when applying for the GSM visa application. If you’re in Australia when you lodge a Permanent Skilled Migration visa and your current visa expires, a bridging visa will be granted to extend your stay in Australia while you await an outcome.

Yes dependant family unit members such as partners and children under the age of 18 years can be included on the application. Dependants aged 18 to 23 years can be included provided they are substantially dependant for their basic needs, such as full time students.

Didn't find what you were looking for?

What Our Customers Are Saying

Download our Migration Services fact sheet.

Latest articles and resources